Around the world, or just across the country; if you’re planning a destination wedding, the best thing you can do to ensure your long term satisfaction with your wedding is to hire a great photographer from your home town and have them come to your destination.
Working with someone from home allows you to:
- meet with your photographer in person and get acquainted well ahead of the wedding
- enjoy continuity of style in engagement photo sessions near home and in the images created at your destination
- get to know your photographer’s process through the creation of a photo guestbook or similar piece for the wedding
- meet in person for the presentation of your images and to work together on album design review or portrait collections after the wedding
- host your photographer at your home and favorite places to communicate those things about your style and that are so hard to put into words
Familiar with the challenges of travel and customs, I revel in the excitement and adventure of weddings abroad. As a student of history, and a former art history teacher, every destination, new or revisited, excites me!
Recent destination weddings and engagements have taken me to:
- Paris, Western Europe
- Bulgaria, Eastern Europe
- Take a peek at an engagement session in New Orleans
- Rocky Mountain region
- Mid-West region